Terms & Conditions Competition
- The Promoter is Alex Russell Wines Pty Ltd, ABN 74 603 435 070, 1866 Pipers River Road, Lower Turners Marsh TAS 7267 (Telephone 0400 684 654) (“Promoter”)
NSW Permit no. LTPS/18/26347, ACT Permit no. ACT TP 18/01388, SA Licence No: T18/1276
- The competition giveaway starts at 12:00am 01/08/2018 and ends at 11:59pm 31/10/2018 (“Competition Period”). All references to time are local in Adelaide, Australia
WHO MAY ENTER
- This competition is open to all Australian residents, over the age of 18, who purchase a minimum of six (6) bottles of Alejandro wine from https://www.alexrussellwines.com.au during the competition period.
- This competition is not open to any employees or family members of Alex Russell Wines Pty Ltd or Lynda Schenk T/A Purple Giraffe or its related bodies corporate or any person who purchases a policy and then subsequently cancels that policy.
ENTRANTS BOUND BY CONDITIONS
- By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, entrants must read these Terms and Conditions, and a minimum of six (6) bottles of Alejandro wine from https://www.alexrussellwines.com.au during the competition period.
- Entry into the competition is automatic once a minimum of six (6) bottles of Alejandro wine from https://www.alexrussellwines.com.au has been purchased.
LIMITATIONS ON ENTRY
- Multiple entries will be accepted, and a person will have an equal chance to win in respect to each entry submitted as per Clause 10.
- Entrants receive 1 entry for every six bottles purchased.
- 2017 Prosecco Bonus Buy Six Pack: no entries for bonus stock.
- Entries submitted after 11:59pm 31/10/2018 will not be accepted.
- Entry into the competition is free. However, any costs associated with an individual entering the competition are the responsibility of the entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
- The prize draw will take place at 11/31 Halifax Street, Adelaide SA, on 06/11/2018 at 1:00pm ACST.
- The winner will be selected through a computer-generated draw from Random.org.
- The first  valid entry to be randomly drawn will receive the Prize listed in Clause 16 & 27. Each entrant will have a fair and equal chance of winning the Prize listed in Clause 16 & 27.
- The Prize is an Accommodation Certificate that entitles the holder to a 5 night stay in an Oceanview Bure for up to 2 adults twin-share at Paradise Taveuni Resort, Taveuni Island, Fiji. The prize includes:
- All meals; fully cooked breakfast, 1 course lunch and 2 course dinners each day.
- FREE Tropical Fruit Plate on arrival
- FREE Paradise Massage - 30-minute massage per adult on day 1 or 2 of stay
- FREE Vuna Reef snorkelling experience with divers
- Return airport road transfers on Taveuni
- Complimentary internet (on resort tablet in the main bure)
- Complimentary Fijian floral lei
- Welcome foot rub on arrival (15 mins)
- Bure or Vale serviced daily
- Tea, coffee & cookies
- Fijian Sulu (sarong)
- Snorkelling gear hire (mask, fins & snorkel)
- A large selection of complimentary resort activities
- Additional rooms, additional persons or children will incur additional charges payable at the time of booking.
- Bookings are strictly subject to availability.
- For use on a consecutive 5 night stay.
- Available for use on new bookings only.
- Redemption exclusion periods: 24th December 2018 to 7th January 2019. Subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Any additional expenses incurred during your stay must be paid in cash to the supplier based on their individual terms and conditions – the supplier will request a credit card upon check-in to cover incidentals, room charge etc.
- Not combinable with any other special offer.
- Once the accommodation booking has been confirmed, it is final; it is non-refundable, not transferable and date or venue changes are not permitted.
- Accommodation Certificate is valid for travel for until 06/11/2019 – Certificates not redeemed and travel not completed before this time are non-refundable.
- No travel insurance is included in this package; The Promoter strongly advise you take out travel insurance to cover unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances such as Acts of God.
- The winner will also receive $2,500 in flight vouchers from Flight Centre to be used towards the cost of the winners return airfares. It is the winner’s responsibility to book all required flights to Fiji, including the domestic flights within Australia and within Fiji from Nadi or Suva. We strongly advise you do not purchase airline tickets until your accommodation is confirmed.
- Flights are subject to availability at time of booking and any applicable taxes and airline surcharges will be at the winner’s cost if the total cost is greater than $2,500. Frequent flyer points usage/accrual subject to winner’s organisation.
- Any amendment fees or charges incurred as a result of any changes to the flights, once confirmed and ticketed are the responsibility of the winner.
- Total prize value is $5,800 AUD
- Strictly no changes, substitutions, transfers, reimbursements for any unused portion of the Certificate.
- The accommodation is valid for 12 months from date of draw and can be used at any time outside of the exclusion periods, subject to availability at time of booking.
- Any required visas, valid passports, insurance, spending money, additional meals, taxes (including airline and airport taxes), vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, additional transfer, items of a personal nature, excess baggage, upgrades or in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included and are the responsibility of the winner.
- It is the winner’s responsibility to organise any transport to/from their place or residence to/from the airport departure/return point within Australia.
- It is the winner (and their companions) responsibility to comply with any health or other government requirements.
- Prizes are subject to the airlines Conditions or Carriage.
- All flights and/or accommodation relating to The Prize must be booked before 06/08/2019.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash, this includes any unused portion of the prize.
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PUBLICATION
- The winner will be notified in writing via email within two (2) days of the draw taking place, and their names published on https://www.alexrussellwines.com.au/ and https://www.facebook.com/alexrussellwines/ on 6/11/2018, for a minimum period of 28 days. The winner will also be notified via phone call. When the Promoter advises the winner they have won a prize, the particulars of how the prize is to be delivered is advised to the winner. The Promoter will not notify entrants of failure to win a Prize. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the Prize winner; however the Promoter is not responsible for contacting the winner by any other method, or for the winner not receiving notification for any reason. Entrants are responsible for providing and maintaining correct contact details. Each entrant warrants that any details provided with his/her entry are true and accurate, and the entrant indemnifies the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of this warranty.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late, incorrectly entered or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems, technical malfunction or failure of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email or other communication network or system, including any failure of an entry to be received in whole or in part by the Promoter due to any of the above or on account of other technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or telecommunication systems, or any combination of these issues.
SECOND CHANCE DRAW
- A draw for the Prize, if unclaimed after reasonable effort by the Promoter to contact a Prize winner, may take place on 06/02/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from relevant regulatory authorities. In the case of a winner, they will be notified by email within 2 days from the redraw and their name published on https://www.alexrussellwines.com.au/ and https://www.facebook.com/alexrussellwines/ on 06/02/2019. The prize winner will also be contacted by their nominated phone number.
- Once the winners have confirmed acceptance of their Prize over the phone and by reply email, following notification of their win and their authorisation to release their contact details, the Promoter will supply the Prize winner contact details to a travel agent who will book the winner’s accommodation.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
CONSENT TO USE ENTRIES
- By entering the competition, entrants consent to the information they submit with their entry, including personal details and/or literary response, being entered into a database and the Promoter may use this information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes (including sending electronic communication) without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant.
- All entries are the property of the Promoter.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- If an entrant uses any form of software or third-party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software), organises for a third party to enter on their behalf in breach of these terms and conditions or enters using incorrect contact details, his or her entry will be deemed invalid. If such an entrant wins a prize, the entrant must immediately return the prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine whether an entrant has breached this clause. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm whether an entrant has breached this clause. Entrants must provide whatever documents the Promoter requires upon request.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
COPYRIGHT, STATUTORY GUARANTEES, WAIVER AND LIABILITY
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Alex Russell Wines Pty Ltd or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- All entries become the property of The Promoter. All entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names and email address for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By entering this competition, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
- The Promoter collects information about you, including for example your name and email address which you provide when entering the competition. We collect and use that information to provide you with our goods and services and to promote and improve our goods and services. We may share your information with our related companies and any of us may be in contact for those purposes. We may also use your information as described when we collect information from you. If you do not provide us with requested information we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services you require. We may disclose your information to our related companies, service and content providers. Where you have entered a competition, we may disclose your personal information to authorities if you are a prize winner or otherwise as required by law. To request access to, or to update, personal information the Promoter holds about you, entrants can contact the office of the Promoter on 0400 684 654.
Information to give to the winner once the prize is drawn:
- Bookings / Redemptions are to be made via Bartercard Tourism only – please quote your Accommodation Certificate number and Booking Code at the time of booking.
- Purchasers and/or bearers are encouraged to redeem their Accommodation Certificate and make their booking via Bartercard Tourism well in advance of travel to ensure flexibility of choice for dates of travel.
- No domestic or international travel is included - For flights and transportation call your Travel Agent.
- The onus is on the purchaser and/or bearer of the Certificate to make contact with Bartercard Tourism as soon as possible after purchase to confirm the dates for their booking.
- Bartercard Tourism cannot book or facilitate in the booking of flights on behalf of Bartercard members. We strongly advise you do not purchase airline tickets until your accommodation is confirmed.